Seventh Avenue and West 30th Street, c. 1920

Seventh Avenue and West 30th Street, c. 1920
No votes yet

Looking north from West 30th Street along Seventh Avenue one can see two of the famed works of the architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White, Pennsylvania Station and the Hotel Pennsylvania. The former opened in 1910 and was demolished in 1963, while the latter opened in 1919 and is still operating. The Hotel Pennsylvania  has been in danger of demolition since the 1990s, having been unable to secure, as of 2011, landmark status.

Choose a print size